If you are interested in the latest news of Helderberg International School, click here.more
The admission process is open throughout the year. Requirements to be admitted is explained on this page;more
We'll keep you up to date with what's going on in Helderberg International School with our advisory board...more
An historical list of the regularly distributed publication about Helderberg School is now availablemore
Welcome to the website
A warm welcome to the “best kept secret in Somerset West”. In an area of outstanding natural beauty, surrounded by mountains and extremely close to the beach, we are fortunate enough to offer an international curriculum with a uniquely South African flavour. We welcome students from all walks of life, eager in becoming Lifelong Learners, culminating in the internationally recognised and highly acclaimed Cambridge International Curriculum qualification.
When searching for that special school, we as parents are looking for a good academic curriculum, the opportunity for our children to participate in a range of extra-curricular activities and sports which will enable them to find their ‘strength’, exposure to the arts, music, cultural and charitable initiatives and a student body where they are prepared for the ‘real life’. There is much that makes this a unique and special place; located in a secure gated community, small classes, inquiry based learning, passionate staff, culturally diverse students and parents, offering a wide range of sports internally, as well as utilising external providers. Our students have the opportunity to participate in soccer, netball, hockey, ballet, rhythmic gymnastics, surfing, martial arts as well as golf. On a cultural and arts front we have Glee Club, peripatetic music, school productions, amazing annual excursions and camps to name but a few.
At Helderberg International School we do not pride ourselves on prior academic results, sporting achievements or famous alumni, but on preparing each and every student to the best of their ability, for their future in an ever-changing and highly competitive global economy. It is not being the best, but giving our best that truly defines who we are. The staff and students recognise the fact that a “world class education” is only truly world-class when it is recognised across the world. The Cambridge Curriculum is, therefore, extremely rigorous academically, but rewarding in the knowledge that it ‘opens doors’ to over 9 000 universities and higher education institutions in more than 160 countries.
At Helderberg International School our mission is to be a South African school with an international perspective. South African in our values, our manners, our celebration of diversity and our can-do attitude to life. International in our academic standards and desire to provide our children with the educational foundation to confidently take their place on a global stage, with an internationally accredited qualification that prepares them for and allows them the freedom to choose where they would like to continue their tertiary learning journey.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. – President Nelson Mandela
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.- anonymous
Our door is always open…
- 29 November 2013 IES NEWSLETTER HELDERBERG...
- The Year 4′s are inquiring into how the distribution of wealth affects individuals’ access to equal opportunities. In this activity, coins were scattered on the floor and without touching each other, the children had to pick up as much money...
- The only Nuclear station in the world that allows access to the public! Our visit to the Koeberg Nuclear Power Station was fantastic! The students thoroughly enjoyed the field trip even though the drive seemed to take forever. I...
- The Matric Farewell was celebrated on the 2nd of November with a touch of Pizazz, in a manner befitting a busy, colourful and creative year. Everyone made an effort to dress up for the occasion ansd the magical evening was...
- Congratulations to our Award winners for the week!Luca received medals in Tennis for the coming second in a tournament in the UK and placing 4th position in the top 8 of the Wilson’s Masters Tournament played in Cape Town. Well...